Wednesday 13 May 2015

Day Thirty Seven




Rule 37
“God is a meticulous clock maker. So precise is His order that everything on earth happens in its own time. Neither a minute late nor a minute early. And for everyone without exception, the clock works accurately. For each there is a time to love and a time to die.”

“what my babies taught me” 

they made me stop taking myself so seriously
they made me look at myself from the outside
and look outside myself at others
they made me smile
at old treasures rediscovered through their eyes

a favorite childhood book, a song, a film
and how I love to share these with them
they made me question the meaning of what we do
does the daily grind help their future?
are test scores a measure of greatness?
they let me sing and join in
they laugh at my silliness
they tell me off when I don’t make sense

they make so much more sense
than any adult
even when they can barely speak
through giant heartfelt sobs
so why do I tell them to stop?
why lose my temper?
why not just stop my own madness
and join them in their beautiful world? 

everything has a time to be
slipping through our fingers everyday
headed towards something
soon i won't be able to carry you anymore
all-encompassing hugs, kissing little feet
new adventures await us
but right now i just want to enjoy this

dishes be damned
housework to hell
laundry get lost
we have fairies to find 
in the wild recesses of our minds

time slow down just a little, please? 
time be kind

when you're big some day
my little angels
i hope you'll read this
and know that mama is only human
she tried her best, yet faltered much
but she loves you so deeply
that it's a raging storm inside her heart

i hope i'm teaching you something of value, my girls
know this, though
you grace me with your infinite wisdom and perfect love
every single day
and teach me more than i can thank you for and you can know
and i vow, from this moment on, to tell you so.

- Tülin Khalid-Azim


No comments:

Post a Comment