Friday 11 April 2014

"There are no small parts"...


If you haven't seen the movie "Bigger Than The Sky", you've missed out on something beautiful. It's probably the most accurate portrayal of what amateur theatre is like. Or at least what it was like a lot of the time for me as a Theatre major in college. Those were the most amazing 4 years mainly because of my theatre family.

The laughter, the camaraderie, the antics, the trust, the tears, the drama, the beautiful friendships...

The movie is not that well known, and probably never made it big when it came out. It's one of those movies that may not have mass appeal, but I'm biased. It also gave me one of the most memorable quotes I have heard:

"There are no small parts, only small actors."

And, "There are no small parts, only small dreams. And the theatre is no place for small dreams."

Keep dreaming big, babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment