Thursday 16 April 2015

Day Ten


Rule 10
“The midwife knows that when there is no pain, the way for the baby cannot be opened and the mother cannot give birth. Likewise, for a new self to be born, hardship is necessary. Just as clay needs to go through intense heat to become strong, Love can only be perfected in pain.”

And thus, as a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, so shall you! Fly, butterfly, fly! 

Yes, that's all well and good, but change is not easy, is it? Sometimes, it's not even conscious - life is moulding and changing us constantly. Your experiences and self-will shape you into today's version of yourself. Personally, I am grateful for the humbling lessons learned, for the opportunity to learn more, and to look back and have regrets. In my 20's I used to say I have no regrets. I don't know if I can call them regrets, but if I could go back and smack my younger self across the face, would I? Happily. You could argue that then, by the logic of time travel we have learned from Hollywood movies and TV shows, that I would not be who I am today. Sure, but I'd still go back and slap myself at certain points. You know, for the sheer heck of it. And 'cause that cow was a little sh*t at times. 

This rule is an important one for me to remember as the cracks in my anger management start to show. If you've seen the episode where Homer Simpson tries to control his rage, you'll know what I mean. Every time he stops himself from yelling, a boil appears on his neck. Well, if you're going to repress it in one place, it will appear somewhere, right? Today, when the older one started whining about something not being fair, I started whining back. It was unintentional, but I mirrored her tone without mimicking her. She said, "Ok, ok", and stopped whining. It was somewhat comical, even if I'm not proud of it. 

"Just as clay needs to go through intense heat to become strong, Love can only be perfected in pain." 
And on some level, my babies will have to also feel some heat to become better human beings, though I would like to not to make it painful. With some children, logic works beautifully, and their own logic is flawless because it's unadulterated. It's simpler when you are dealing with logic. It's the little rebels who are the toughies, and usually they're the charmers who are great at stealing your heart. Along with other household items which they are likely to vandalize. Oh, but they sure are adorable! 

As for you, babies, when you feel the heat, hang in there, forge ahead and keep doing your best. If you're really stuck, it could be because you now need to step out of your comfort zone (this applies creatively, also). 

And thus, as clay trying to become strong, I shall burn, baby, burn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment